8/14/11

Picnic food

 
ones bursting with filling were covered with seaweed
Yesterday was picnic day! Me and a friend planned to make food to bring to Battery Park (lovely area by the river). And I was feeling for Japanese so we made riceballs! I like how versatile they can be due to the number of fillings and flavorings you can put in. And as long as salt is present, it can be preserved without refrigerating/reheating AND an easy meal to fill you up.

Luckily I had various things to make it with: umeboshi/pickled plums, smoked salmon, and grilled miso. I also had furikake/seasoning flakes for finishing touches. My friend wanted to make the cute seaweed faces as in cute Japanese bento boxes but we were short on time.
on site being eaten
all photos courtesy of my friends because I'm a big failure & forgot mine!
There were also cold noodles - the sauce I made and froze the day before hoping it would keep cold during transport. This time I used soba which I thought was a better pair than the tofu noodles from last time. But by the time we arrived, the noodles were warm (weather was sunny, and that sun could fry an egg) so it wasn't as good IMO.
On another note, the TRENTA is now available at your nearest Starbucks! They only have it for the basic drinks though - coffee, teas. This thing is seriously as big as my face and no I didn't drink it all. I shared it with my friend along with a glare from the barista as I poured my share into an empty cup...
If you wanted to know, it's supposedly bigger than what an average bladder could hold. (i predicted i would have to go to the bathroom TWICE)

2 comments:

ILoveChocolateee! said...

sounds like a fun picnic trip =D

*^_^* said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.