8/16/11

Korea Day 2011 FREEBIE!

Assembly line
Let me first say I'm so grateful for the beautiful weather today! A few days ago was just pouring buckets of rain.
I was informed last minute that today there was a festival celebrating Korean culture and food @ Central Park!..and FREE food!
It was oddly on a weekday but that means less people to wait on lines for food. This was for the above picture: bulgogi, spicy pork belly, dukbokki, japchae, and seafood pancakes! YUM. They also gave out melon ice bars and cups of ramen...ALL FREE....*o*
I loved that all the volunteers and staff were so cheery. It reminded me of Japan Day festival that is also every year @ Central Park around June. There were games and also performances of all traditional Korean music, Western classicals and k-pop!
people were welcome to beat up a glob of rice cake
I assume this was the korean taco? 
However the corn wrap was not good...
It was also one of my few times ever to walk around Central Park. The weather was just perfect too. I also passed by the fountain where I had my high school yearbook picture taken... memories♥

3 comments:

LOVE LIGHT said...

OMG that sounds so fun :( I wish I was there. I would eat allllllll those free foods hehe :)

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

WOWWWY. Does look like a beautiful day with beautiful weather! These photos are wayyy fun and delicious!

QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

ILoveChocolateee! said...

Looks like fun! Wish we had something like that!