7/8/11

Dogmatic

definition for dogmatic: characterized by or given to the expression of opinions very strongly or positively as if they were facts 
 Another take on the hot dog + high class and $$$. It's hard to be impressed when I went to Asia Dog already, and it was cheaper AND I liked it better. 
I ordered a recommended beef hot dog + truffle gruyere sauce. What I liked about was the unique sauces like above, sun-dried tomato feta, horseradish mustard, chimichurri, mint yogurt (ooh?), and cheddar jalepeno. Their hot dog bun is different from the traditional; the hot dog is enveloped in a baguette-like bread (yea I know the sexual connotations you're coming up with).
But that's all. Their overly expensive prices; $5 for one hot dog! Just isn't worth it. Did I also mention the same price for the vegetarian option - asparagus?!
(hmmm....)
On a side note, I tried their handmade pomegranate soda. The cream soda after-taste was unexpected but one can grow to like it. 

26 E 17th St
(between 5th Ave & W Union Sq)
New York, NY 10003

2 comments:

pinky said...

hmmm :) DO NOT GET THE LEMON-LIME SODA. it tasted neither lemony or limy haha. too expensive.

Catherine said...

*takes a big chunky bite of it* O__O