2/13/12

Happy Love Day




Here's a first Valentine's Day theme post! Whether you celebrate it with a loving partner or even with your family and friends, have a good one.
I had wanted to make scones for awhile and the great timing led me to make them heart-shaped! Or at least attempted to. They rose a lot more than I expected it to during the baking process.
Scones are Scottish biscuits and are usually served with tea and jam. First time making them. It's a versatile recipe so you can add anything such as nuts, cranberries or as for me: chocolate chips. Unfortunately I came short on butter. If not, they would be more moist. I have to rummage for some jam now. Not bad with milk either. Made a plateful...English breakfast for a week!

1 comment:

shwin said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too :) these look amazing!!! My favorite are blueberry scones ^^