1/29/12

JAPADOG?

So I got myself a Japanese Hot Dog! I don't think you should be surprised, Japan has so many quirky inventions. I heard great things from Japadog. They have chains in Canada and for the first time, brought it down to NYC! Their menu is very creative and looked appetizing.
 I had a Negimiso: turkey sausage with cabbage soaked in miso sauce and scallions. I didn't like the turkey sausage so might opt for a beef if possible. I love miso but it was way too weak so didn't taste anything. And the bun was overwhelmed the sausage. Sorry but I do not believe the hype.
 Birthday girl's Croquette: fried mashed potato paired with a Japanese pork sausage (Arabiki sausage). Looked good and I like croquettes. But wasn't feeling in the mood for anything heavy nor fried.
The terimayo: this is their signature dish; a sausage topped with mayo, teriyaki sauce, and seaweed. My friend didn't love it and she also thought the bun was too much. Along with it were pepper fries which tasted great but again didn't want anything fried.

I'd give another chance to the Croquette and Kimchi one when I have a better appetite. This is the third hot dog specialty place I've been to. Japadog wins the most creative and extensive menu but AsiaDog tops my list on taste and simplicity. Dogmatic is nowhere near because of their ridiculous prices.

30 St Marks PL
Manhattan, NY 10003

No comments: