7/2/12

Grand Central Oyster Bar


In the heart of Grand Central Station is an oyster bar! It has a loud but friendly atmosphere. Their list of oysters from different areas are very extensive and impressive. It would only take a seafood connoisseur to appreciate that.
right outside the entrance is where Grand Central's secret is... ;)
 Started with a crabmeat cocktail. Everything was fresh, but the dish felt plain. 
 Being an oyster bar, of course I had to get the Grand Central Oyster Platter. The dish had 4 pieces of two different kinds of oysters. One was more briny and salty. The other was a bit more sweet. Both were delicious and fresh with lemon juice and a type of vinaigrette sauce.
Cold avocado soup?! I had a spoonful of the creamy mixture and couldn't really taste the avocado.

One thing that held me back was that they offered a huge number of dishes. This usually disappoints me because the restaurant tries too hard to please every single customer instead of focusing on their specialty. I would be happy for a strict oyster menu because that's what I come here for.

HAPPY SUMMER! 
Independence Day is coming up! Any plans?

No comments: