4/3/12

Spring Break Yums

Enjoying my spring break...of course by eating food. :3
This was at the Essex Market at the Manhattan side of the Williamsburg Bridge. The market is a great place to walk on weekends. It's a large building with small shops and a grocery market in the middle. On one corner is Boubouki, a section selling Greek pastries. I had the baklava and it was pretty big piece so it somewhat justified the $4 I paid. Pastry was delicious, messy but delicious. The baklava wasn't overly sweet and I enjoyed each bite. 

MOCA in Manhattan is the museum of Chinese Americas, but MOCA in Queens is a trendy asian fusion restaurant! Had lunch here with a friend and the decor is impressive! Who knew in a small neighborhood like Forest Hills, has such a hip restaurant. Interiors were all kinds of glass and funky lighting. AND I was just speechless when I walked into the bathroom. The sink section is a rotunda and the faucet is a waterfall in the center. Then two large doors that open to the stalls. Words cannot describe it enough, must see it in person! I haven't been so impressed in a decor, it rivals the ones at Morimoto's and their Japanese toilets!
So past the interiors, we talk about the food. They had lunch specials and I ordered the Pad thai. The miso soup that came with it was not that great, more on the bland side. Pad thai was pretty good but not amazing.
Then not far away from MOCA was Martha's Country Bakery. Once you step in, you're welcomed with an amazing and extensive display of cakes, cupcakes, and pies! I've seen rave reviews on the red velvet so had to get a cupcake...if it's sweets, the cream cheese frosting always wins me. And this one did so! Frosting was great but the cake wasn't that moist. The price was not cheap, $2.50. My friend had a red velvet cheesecake. I liked that the cheesecake wasn't overwhelming because it tends to turn me off.

No comments: